Series: Urban Fluidity.
I was rather worried while taking these that I must have looked.. odd at best. The first few are of a bumper-car-type area, the latter are just general around the arcade.
I miss Japanese arcades a lot. Still, the lights and so on are similarly colourful and bright; so yes. Still working out my preferred methods for light trails, but it’s getting there.
Project Finished: Z&M Valentines Vers.
Finished in that.. a deadline arrived ^^ Not that I was happy with it; it doesn’t feel totally finished.. but as it’s not being sent, just a picture taken, and Z was happy with it, then it’s not to be continued. ^^
I really wanted to try making something elegant and different (inside-out from my usual attempts, basically), and.. it worked all right. It’s not my best, it’s completely unbalanced.. but it’s turned out ok. It was worth the foray into new territory; I will be sticking with that I like best in future, though.
However: I am now much more used to quilling paper as a medium, rather cutting my own cardstock to size. That is a bonus to come out of this.
Overall: eh. This is something I learned a lot from rather than succeeded at. Such things are necessary to develop.
Series: Urban Fluidity.
Trafford Centre Edition.
Honestly, there’s not much to say about this; I’m still working out my process, preferences, and what I want out of this. I think that my aim is for organic shapes, unrecognisable locations, and overall vibrancy of colours.
Random Post: Scribblings.
Sometimes I literally just get an idea and have to play with it. “Oh, a simple portrait with the scroll pen setting would be fun.” Yes, yes it would.
Potential Series: Urban Lighting.
Honestly, this was a side effect of trying to get light trails: I found that I could easily get bokeh-effects.. and frankly. I enjoy them. So, this is another project I may be starting for fun, and may publish some pictures on here occasionally.
Potential Series: Urban Fluidity.
I wandered round yesterday and found a shop that specialises in the brand of my new Camera. Since I’m especially interested in two things (light trails and macro shots), they gave me some pointers, and I tested them out very shortly afterwards.
It’s not that I want things to be unrecognisable; I just want them to flow. This is Piccadilly Gardens area in central Manchester, and I was trying to just show the buses inherent movements, and generally play around.
I’m hoping to make this a personal fun series.. we will see if I get much chance. :3
Project Complete: Dressing up Marmalade.
Finished! I should have taken some nicer pictures, but it was finished totally, and sent off while I was out, so these pictures are of it extremely close to completion - just a few bits of additional stitching. As it was being sent in the post, we tried to make it as secure as possible.. hopefully it makes it there ok. >w> Some in-progress photos as well, where I was trying out different glues and styles for the Sporran Imitation. Such an odd project.. but it does look quite nice.
So that’s the project finished! One marmalade, all dressed up. Now I have a card version of the same label to finish up - which is all my work, including the sewing and stitching this time. Still, this one is finished.. it’s taken a while because of family being busy, but was not actually that much work. Most of my IRL projects end up having a lot of glue-drying time..
A couple more of the 春夏秋冬 theme.
2012 pictures ended up being very pattern-like and abstract; 2013’s were picked more for the personal meaning/memory behind each image.
Maybe I can sleep now. Thanks, insomnia..
Will probably make one of these for each major year or place. This is just a first draft to shut my brain up.
After waking: First one was to get my brain to sleep ^^ The second is a picture of a place befitting each season of my time in Japan (even if they were visited in another season ^^). All pictures are mine, incidentally: just the paper texture isn’t. Will link it in later, got to run. Today is going to be punctuated by my attempts at getting more of these done..
Project in Progress: Z&M - Valentine’s Vers.
Yes, Vampire’s day is coming up, and I have a lot of pink quilling paper at the moment. So why not.
Quilling with paper as opposed to cardstock is still weird - my last project with paper got flattened by accident ;3; So I’m being very careful this time. Also trying to, rather than my usual quilling style of details inside, to make the details outside and the insides plain. We will see. It all feels very wonky to me at the moment, but this is how we learn.
Purple as an accent; was tempted to make the M red but it came out too strong (you can see a smidge of the test paper remnant on the third image).
It will be finished soon.